Sunday, 17 February 2013
The day in a Life of a SAHM
I have been asked many time what I do all day as a stay at home mum. Some people seam to think I sit at home all day watching T.V and playing with the kids others envision sparkling clean floors and home cooked meals. So today I am giving a play-by-play of a typical day. Some will still think I do nothing and it can't be that hard while others will pump their fists in the air out of sheer joy that they are not the only ones.
7am Wake up (crap I slept in). Master 6 and Master 4 are already awake. I make Master 4 breakfast and coffee for me. Miss 2 wakes. She tells me "I go toilet".
Master 4 runs in yelling POO and drags me to my bedroom. Miss 2 has done a poo on the floor and tried to clean it up. I clean up poo and put Miss 2 in the shower.
7:30am Make Miss 2 breakfast. Check that Master 6 is getting dressed. He is not. I tell him to get dressed for the second time. I also warn Master 6 that if he does not listen there will be a time out. I tell Master 4 to look at the routine chart. He needs to get dressed. Miss 2 is finished breakfast and is looking at the routine chart. I help her get dressed. I start making lunches ( I was silly and didn't do them last night)
I Now Have No Idea What Time It Is.
Master 6 and Master 4 end up with 2 time outs, I help dress Miss 2. Miss 2 takes her shoes off 3 times. I dress Master 11 months and make sure the older boys are doing the routine chart. Master 6 tells me he left his school shoes in the car so I run around looking for another pair that will fit. I do find some that are a little tight but they will have to do. Kids pack bags and we out the door.
8:30am drop Miss 2 and Master 4 off at Kindy (Kindy days are Monday and Tuesday) and Master 6 off at school.
9am Home. Put Master 11 months to sleep.
I can usually tell what type of day it will be by how the morning rush runs. My guess is today will be hectic.
9-10:30am Put all the washing from yesterday away, clean the sun room and lounge room. Give Master 11 months morning tea. Hubby comes home for lunch and I stop for a cup of coffee. Check answering machine. Call Teacher Of The Deaf for Master 4.
10:30-11:30am give Master 11 months boob, clean dining room sweep floor in living areas, wipe down table from breakfast ( I forgot to do it in the morning rush) Play with Master 11 months. ( we played with blocks and the train set.) put load of washing on. Make lunch. Teacher Of The Deaf Calls me back.
12pm -pm put Master 11 months down for a nap. Give myself a rest.
12:30pm - 1Pm 30min cardio ( today was pussycat doll workout)
1pm - 2:30pm clean kitchen ( I didn't do it in the morning), prep dinner, put washing in dryer, put washing in machine. tidy my handbag, sweep floor in kitchen and hallway. Rest
2:30pm - 5pm feed Master 11 months boob,pick up kids from school, afternoon tea, drop Master 6 and 4 off at atrium, Give Master 11 months more boob play with master 11months and Miss 2, Master 6 bring in bins
5pm- 6pm bath kids, cook dinner, Master 4 set table, eat dinner
6:30-7:30pm master 11 months, Master 4 and Miss 2 watch T.V, wash up master 6 wipe up, Master 4 and 6 and Miss 2 pack bags for tomorrow, everyone picks up toys, brush teeth, tidy bedroom, master 4 and miss 2 tidy bathroom, give master 11 months boob, 15 mins reading and kids go to bed.
7:30pm -9:30pm washing in dryer, washing away, washing in machine,make school lunches watch t.v. Hubby comes home (YAY), spend time with hubby, go to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment