Having four children means I have plenty of washing. I used to have a huge problem keeping up with it all. It got so bad that my bathroom and laundry floor was covered in dirty washing. The master bedroom floor was full of clean washing and we still had nothing to wear. In the end I got so fed up with it that I started a system.
My washing system is simple. Washing is done everyday except Saturday. This way everything gets washed, I know what everyone owns and we always have something to wear.
Monday - Colours
Tuesday - Bedding and towels
Wednesday - darks
Thursday - catchup day. ( we all have weeks were we don't get everything done.)
Friday - towels
Saturday - rest
Sunday- darks and whites
After I started this new system I noticed that some people in the family had more clothing then they needed while other members had next to nothing. This was because I was never quite sure what we owned. So I sorted all of the clothes out.
Master Noah and Master Joshua
16 Shirts (they share shirts)
12 shorts (each)
6 church/town/going out shirts (boys share)
2 dress shorts (each)
5 uniforms sets (Master Noah)
Miss Leah
10 shirts
9 skirts
5 shorts
8 leggings
7 dresses
Master Oliver
12 jumpsuits
3 overals ( I have a soft spot for overals)
5 singlets
5 shorts
5 shirts
I am no longer pulling my hair out and my children always have something they can wear.
No comments:
Post a Comment