Monday, 22 October 2012

Looking after Mum

When my first little man came into the world my life changed. Everything became about my Husband and my baby. Before I knew it baby number 2 and 3 where in the mix. I was so focused on everyone else that I forgot about me. As a result I became unhappy, my skin started to look awful, I got fat and I always seamed to have a cold or some other illness. When baby number 3 was about 11 months old I looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't believe who I saw. I started to wonder who this person in the mirror was. I had lost myself.


A few weeks latter I found out baby number 4 was on the way. That was the day I decided I was going to find me. I was going to look after me.

When I started looking after myself. I got happy. I started playing with my children, I started to enjoy being a SAHM, I started to enjoy life. My skin became clear and it started to get colour in it. Then when I gave birth to baby 4 I found out I had lost heaps of weight. 26kgs of weight. I also realized I was no longer sick all the time.  If I did get sick I got over it quicker.


Mums take some time each day to look after you.


Eat healthy food most of the time. I love food. All food, good and bad. I make sure I eat well most of the time but I do enjoy eating "sometimes" food. Some weeks I eat to much  "sometimes" foods but most of the time I eat good stuff.

Drink water. I never realized how much water my body needed. I drink between 2 - 4 litters of water a day. depending on how much I am moving and how hot the day is. At first I was going to the toilet all the time but as my body got used to all the water my skin started to look wonderful and I started to get more energy.


Exercise Do something you enjoy. I love walking and I go for at least a 20min walk every day. It is good for mental health. It gives you time to think.


Sleep If you don't sleep there is no way in the world you are going to be able to exercise. Your more then likely going to want to sit on the lounge chair all day.  You will more then likely not drink water because you will want coffee, tea, coke etc to help you stay awake.



No comments:

Post a Comment