Thursday, 13 September 2012

First Day

 I put all my children into daycare when they get to the age of 2. I believe it helps them and it give me a much needed break and time with the youngest member of the family. Today it's Leah's first day. She was so excited to be going to school today. She woke up at 6am got her bag and packed it. She even remembered to put Dora in for nap time. She got ready for school just like her big brothers and when it was time to walk out the door she had the biggest smile on her face. This was her moment.

When we got to day care she put her bag, lunchbox and water bottle in their spots just like she had seen her big bother do all year. She put her hat on gave me a kiss and ran to play. I fussed around making sure both children had everything, settling the baby and signing them in. Then I called out "bye bye Leah, mummy will pick you up in the afternoon". That was it. She looked at me with tears welling up in her eyes and as I reached for the door handle her little feet were running as she was screaming "MUMMY NO". My little angel was beside herself that I was going to leave her alone at school. (so much for my explaining what would happen)

As I walked out of daycare I cried. I could hear her crying and I was not the one giving her a cuddle. I heart was in my stomach. I still needed to drop my eldest son of at school so I dried my eyes and hoped she was starting to settle. When I got home I put the baby to sleep but I still felt my heart in my stomach. I then sat down and cried.

I know she is going to have a wonderful but all I want to do is run down the street and hold her in my arms. ( I may pop in soon just to ask how she is going). I thought I would get better at sending my kids to daycare/school but it's the same with every child.

No comments:

Post a Comment